Learn how to make an adorable fall tree craft that is perfect for preschoolers!
Fall Tree Craft for Preschoolers
It is fall and the leaves are falling down. We may be sad to see the first sign of winter coming, but if your kids are anything like mine, they are THRILLED with a great new activity, jumping in leaves! To celebrate this week, we made this beautiful fall tree craft for preschoolers.
Ever since the first leaves starting falling in August (Yes, August!), H has been picking them up, laughing her head off and shouting “Call Grampie!” Grampie has a big lawn and H loves to visit in the fall and jump in his leaf piles. I know they are going to have so much fun again this year.
Fall Tree Craft for Toddlers and Preschoolers
This post contains affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you make a purchase after clicking on a link on this page. Read more here.
To celebrate fall, we made a new craft all about the falling leaves.
This is a great tree craft for preschoolers to develop fine motor skills (read more about simple and fun fine motor activities here).
Your toddler/preschooler will love this multi-media fall tree craft!
- green, brown and blue construction paper
- red, yellow and orange tissue paper
- scissors (these are great for toddlers)
- Cut out the silhouette of a tree (this is a mommy job) and help your preschooler glue the tree close to the bottom of the page.
- Cut a strip of green paper and have your preschooler make snips on one side of the paper to make grass. Snipping is a great first step in the road of learning to use scissors.
- Help your preschooler glue the strip of grass on top of the tree trunk.
- Now for the fun part. Help your preschooler rip pieces of red, orange and yellow tissue paper and crumple them up! Your preschooler will love this part and it is also great for fine motor skills.
- Glue the tissue paper on the tree branches, on the ground, and falling in the air.
- Optional: Add some details with crayons if you would like (birds, a sun, a kid playing in the leaves).
Here is H’s finished fall tree craft for preschoolers. If you liked this craft, bes ure to check out our super cute apple tree craft here!
Like this post? Pin it for later!